Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 2 Activity C: Create a Professional Presence Online

     I already had a LinkedIn profile up and running, so I used that site for my "Professional Presence" assignment. It took me awhile to adapt to the site, as I was more familiar with networking sites such as Myspace and Facebook, but LinkedIn is an entirely different experience and it doesn't take long to realize it. From getting recommendations and peers who vouch for your credentials to the exchanging of online business cards, this site is the best online forum for today's professionals.

Here is a Jing tutorial I created that navigates my LinkedIn profile (www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-hommel/48/692/898) :



)


In addition to making more professional contacts and networking, I am beginning to use LinkedIn as more of an information site. By following "howard county government" and "howard community college", I can stay current on things that are of interest to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment